Kidepo is Located in Nothern Karamoja, Karenga district. It is possible to drive to Kidepo national park using different routes and for convince and comfort it is essential to hire a private car. The most direct route through Gulu to lokumoit gate takes around 1O Hour from Uganda`s capital city Kampala. The park lies in the northeastern Uganda’s semi-arid valleys between South Sudan and Kenya borders.
Best time to travel to Kidepo Valley National Park is in the dry season months f July to August when animals are concentrated near water points. During rainy seasons it has been noted that animals disperse from valleys moving to higher and drier ground where they are not so easily seen. There are two hottest months as well considered to have the worst weather conditions with average temperature of 27.5C while daily variations from 21.5C to 34C making it very hot and dusty. You can also well visit Kidepo during the short rains from September to December in the comfort of 4*4 safari vehicles.
December to March and June to Late August-Dry season
- Water becomes scarce so wildlife viewing is easier as animals tend to seek out reliable water sources and vegetation thins
- It is sunny with few cloudy days
- It is hazy and the views are dusty.
April to May and September to November-Wet season
- Even though seeing animals is easier in the dry season, you will see a decent amount of wildlife
- Migratory birds can be found and birding is at its best
- The scenery is lush and green and the air is crisp
- The heat is less oppressive
- Animals disperse from valleys and move to higher and drier grounds making it more difficult to locate them.
Planning to visit Uganda for a guided or self drive safari to Kidepo valley and require a well-serviced 4×4 car for the road trip, you can get in touch with us today by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on +256-700135510 to speak to us now.